The Old State House Farmers Market is the oldest market in the state, established in 1643 when the City of Hartford was required to provide a “public market” at the site of the Old State House. Today, the Old State House Farmers Market continues this tradition of serving the public while helping to revitalize the downtown Hartford community. Come visit the market this season where you’ll find a wide range of Connecticut grown agricultural products from local farmers as well as handmade crafts created by some of Connecticut’s most talented artisan crafters. Stop by and try a variety of tasty treats available from our fun snack food vendors while enjoying noontime concerts scheduled throughout the season. Random drawings held for “FREE” giveaways! (No purchase necessary.)
The Old State House Farmers Market is located on the brick courtyard in front of the Old State House at 800 Main St. within easy access of city bus lines. The market accepts Senior and WIC FMNP coupons. For more information about the Old State House Farmers Market, please visit our website here.
Dates: Tuesdays and Fridays, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Opens June 16, 2015 — runs through October 30, 2015.
2015 Farmers, Vendors and Musical Performers:
Farmers & Vendors:
- Baubles for Madels (Coventry)
- Beads4Dreams (Rocky Hill)
- Chet’s Italian Ice (New Britain)
- Connecticut-Gourmet Bakery (Windham Center)
- Cottage Wicks (North Granby)
- Creative Enhancement Quilts (West Hartford)
- Delicacy Market (West Hartford)
- Granny’s Pie Factory (East Hartford)
- Hollister’s Greenhouses (North Granby)
- J.W. Crafts, Hats & Fascinators (Oakdale)
- Killam and Bassette Farmstead (South Glastonbury)
- Pan de Oro Tortilla Chips (Hartford)
- Rose’s Berry Farm (South Glastonbury)
- Temptery (Middletown)
Look for additional new vendors throughout the season!
Musical Performances by:
- Tom Callinan^
- Dixieland Stomp*
- Balkun Brothers*
- Fiesta del Norte*
- Rick Spencer^
- The Kenn Morr Band^
- Val Ramos Flamenco Ensemble*
- Jim Moore^
- Eight Mile River Band*
- KC Sisters*
*Made possible by funding through the Evelyn W. Preston Memorial Trust Fund, Bank of America, Trustee. ^Supported in part by the Greater Hartford Arts Council’s United Arts Campaign.
- Market Manager: Betsy Bradley, firstname.lastname@example.org