The Farmers’ Market at Billings Forge was created in 2007 as a seasonal weekly market providing the residents of Billings Forge and the surrounding Frog Hollow neighborhood with access to fresh, local foods. The Farmers’ Market creates a diverse meeting space to draw energy into Frog Hollow, particularly by engaging nearby capitol-area workers. Between 2008 and 2009, the Farmers’ Market doubled its sales to become Hartford’s largest farmers’ market. Our farmers and food artisans travel from all over Connecticut to sell their fresh, delicious goods directly to consumers. In addition to produce, fruits, and flowers the market also features delicious breads, fresh dairy, locally made Italian ice, eggs, jams, pickles, soaps, and locally roasted coffees.
The Billings Forge market accepts SNAP and runs the Billings Bonus Bucks Benefit Program, which doubles the value of SNAP benefits used at the market. For every dollar that SNAP participants swipe from their EBT card at the market, they will receive another dollar free to spend at the market.
The Billings Forge Market is also currently the only year-round farmers’ market in the City of Hartford. We run an indoor winter market in the Studio at Billings Forge from November through May in addition to our outdoor market, which runs from June through October.
For more information about the Billings Forge market, visit the Billings Forge Community Works website here.
Dates: Every Thursday year-round from 11am-2pm, June-October on the lawn on Broad Street between Capitol Avenue and Russ Street and November-May in the Studio at 563 Broad Street.
Farmers and Vendors
- Agave Grille (Hartford)
- Bean and Leaf (New London)
- Beckett Farm (South Glastonbury) – summer only
- Bridget’s Breads
- Chaplin Farms (Chaplin)
- Chet’s Italian Ice (New Britain) – summer only
- Connecticut Cultural Heritage Arts Program (Hartford)
- CT Gourmet (Windham Center)
- Daily Rider (Hartford)
- Dragon’s Blood Elixir (Woodstock)
- Eagle Wood Farms (Barkhamstead)
- gmonkey™ (Durham) – summer only
- Gresczyk Farms (New Hartford)- winter only
- Maple Knoll Farm (Somersville)
- NoRa Cupcakes (Middletown)
- Rose’s Berry Farm (South Glastonbury)- summer only
- Serafina Says Farm (Simsbury)- summer only
- Sweet Pea Cheese (North Granby)
- Sweet Wind Farm (East Hartland)- winter only
- The Kitchen at Billings Forge (Hartford)
- Urban Gourmet (Hartford) – summer only
Market Manager: Amara Watkin-Anson, 860-548-9877 ex. 201